Clear Vision is the South Jersey chipped windshield and cracked windshield repair and replacement experts. When your windshield gets a rock chip, it is important to get it repaired right away. As chips in windshields are left unattended over time, they can grow into cracks and make driving your car less safe and possibly requiring a more expensive windshield replacement in the future. It is important to fix a chipped window before it becomes a crack.
Our general rule of thumb is if the chip is smaller than a quarter we can repair it. Anything larger than a quarter we can not repair and recommend a windshield replacement.
(856) 665-4747 | Request a Quote
We Come to Your Home or Business!
Clear Vision can send a technician to repair windshield chips wherever your location in South Jersey. We can usually have your windshield repaired in 30 minutes or less. Our professionals are on call 24/7 and ready to quote a repair or replacement of your windshield or simply answer your questions about the process. We can help you get back on the road safely and inexpensively.
A Cracked Windshield or Chips Can Get Worse Over Time:
- Chip – A small object that removes a tiny piece of glass upon impact
- Bull’s Eye – A circular object that removes a chunk of glass upon impact, usually resulting in a conical damage pattern.
- Crack Chip – A single crack no larger than a quarter.
- Combination Break – Impact resulting in more than one break pattern, such as multiple cracks and lines.
- Half Moon – Impact causes a semicircular break pattern with a Bull’s Eye point, also called a Partial Bull’s Eye.
- Long Crack – A crack that is longer than a dollar bill (over 6 inches), generally not able to be repaired but can be replaced.
- Pit – Any area of the break pattern where a tiny piece of glass is missing.
- Stone Break – A small object, like a stone, causes a chip in the surface of the glass. This can spread into a longer crack.
- Star Break/Burst – Impact pattern reveals a series of points in a radial spread.